Thursday, May 8, 2008

Just One More Time

Let's do it just one more time. Please please please please please. One more time! one more time! ONE MORE TIME!!!!!!!!!!
As long as this request isn't directed I me, I just love hearing it. I know that my son is really really enjoying whatever it is he is doing. I especially love hearing it when he is with his dad. I love how much the play together. My husband and my sons really get into each other, what they're doing, what they like, what they don't like. My husband is very patient with them both. I love to watch them "work" in the yard, or "help" daddy with the tools. My son will run in from being outside while my husband is doing yard work and say, "I gotta get my hammer. We're buildin' sumpin. I'm very busy with my work mommy. I will see you later."
Last night I was at a meeting and I came home late. My husband looked spent. "What happened?" I asked. "Did everybody go to sleep okay?"
"Oh yeah," he said. "We played trains one more time about five times. And then played one more minute in the tub for about 20 minutes. We read one more book, got one more drink of water, got one more hug, went to the potty one more time and finally we both collapsed in bed."
I couldn't help but smile. "He loves you so much," I said.

No comments: